The Bulls are the surprise of the NBA this season and Derrick Rose will undoubtedly become the MVP. Chicago has the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference and therefore has the luxury of playing a young Pacer team that makes the playoffs with a below .500 record. This series on paper should go fast for the Bulls.
Chicago only lost a game against a Central Division rival and that was with Indiana on March 18, when the Pacers scored 115 points.
That number right there lets you know this series will be rapid for the Bulls. Chicago is the best defensive team in basketball, ranking near the top in every category. The Pacers, although long and physical, will suffer against the Bulls with their inability to move the ball – only ranking 28th in assists this season.
The Bulls are hungry and playing the best basketball in the NBA. The Pacers’ only hope is to employ a zone for most of this series and hope for the best.
The Bulls will win if…
– They hold the Pacers below 100 points.
– Derrick Rose overpowers Indiana’s diminutive point guards – Darren Collison and TJ Ford.
– Eliminate the effectiveness of Danny Granger and Roy Hibbert.
The Pacers will win if…
– They score 110 points per game.
– Keep Derrick Rose away from the basket.
– The Bulls’ team bus gets lost for four games and forfeits.
– Chicago 4, Indiana 0.
SCHEDULE: April 16, April 18, April 21, April 23, April 26, April 28 and April 30 / Chicago won the regular season series 3-1.