* LeBron James reacts to criticism of old-school guys for modern-day players. Yeah, he pretty much thinks the same way you do.
* Only nine players have averaged 20-plus points and 10-plus assists in a season. Russell Westbrook, whom we all criticized for shooting too much, is about to join that select group.
* Kobe Bryant has passed on playing a bunch of games at the Staples Center, which doesn’t sit well with many fans.
* Tony Allen had one of the dumbest injuries we’ve seen. After all these years, Tony Allen says that moment made him who he is. (A mighty fine player).
* These are the highest-paid power forwards in NBA history. Kevin Garnett has made way, way more than Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki.
* Marc Gasol at the Olympics? Spanish National Team coach thinks it could happen.
* USA Basketball’s Jerry Colangelo touts analytics as he eyes Rio roster.
* Remember the Mexican American kid who sang the U.S. anthem at the 2013 Finals and had to endure racist attacks? He sang at the opener of the Democratic debate. So he’s winning and bigotry loses once again.
* Best wishes to Kings head coach George Karl, who’s having a cancer-related procedure.
* Blast from the past: Brian Shaw on Family Feud.