"I’m not going to lie to anybody," Bauman continued. …

“I’m not going to lie to anybody,” Bauman continued. “Ron fully intends to play for the Jets. Once all the information trickled in and we had a good pow-wow and it was very apparent there was a $21-million risk to agreeing to a deal like this, that’s when we started to slow things down a little bit.” That’s why Bauman said he’s advised Artest to wait to see how the negotiations surrounding the pending collective bargaining agreement turn out, arguing to wait until the Lakers’ scheduled training camp approaches in late September before pursuing overseas offers. Bauman also declined to address whether Artest will follow through on his plan to play an unspecified number of exhibition games with the Loimaa Bisons, a professional basketball team in Finland, during one week in September.
More HoopsHype Rumors
December 13, 2017 | 9:13 pm EST Update
Home