HoopsHype Earl Clark rumors

January 20, 2013 Updates
January 16, 2013 Updates

Everywhere he turns, Earl Clark suddenly finds people interested in him. Former high school and college teammates have suddenly flooded his cell phone with calls. A pack of reporters frequently surrounds him. The Staples Center crowd continues to cheer for him. Clark's assistant coaches have built-in excuses to tease him. "Earl, when you go out," Lakers assistant coach Eddie Jordan said, "Can I hang out with you one night?" Long Beach Press-Telegram

January 10, 2013 Updates
October 24, 2012 Updates
October 16, 2012 Updates

Backup forward/center Earl Clark suffered a strained groin and will be sidelined indefinitely, the Lakers announced. Clark, one of a handful of players trying to win a seat on the Lakers' bench this season, has played limited minutes in three exhibitions so far. Los Angeles Daily News

October 15, 2012 Updates
August 10, 2012 Updates

The Magic were key players in a blockbuster, four-team trade on Friday when they dealt Howard and reserves Chris Duhon and Earl Clark to the Los Angeles Lakers. The Magic also sent Jason Richardson to the Philadelphia 76ers and in return will receive Aaron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga and rookie Moe Harkless, three first-round picks and two second-round selections. The Magic will receive protected first-round picks from Denver (or New York) in 2014, Philadelphia in ‘15 and Los Angeles in ‘17. NBA.com

The Lakers will send All-Star center Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers, who also will receive shooting guard Jason Richardson from the Orlando Magic. The Sixers will send guard Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets. The Magic will receive Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, rookie swingman Moe Harkless, forward Josh McRoberts, three protected first-round draft picks and a 2013 second-round pick from the Nuggets (by way of Golden State). In addition to Howard, the Lakers will also receive Earl Clark and Chris Duhon from the Magic. Yahoo! Sports

The Dwight Howard deal is still on schedule, source says, with trade call expected this afternoon. More details on the picks: lottery-protected from the Sixers in 2015, the lower of Denver's two first-rounders in 2014, the Lakers' 2017 first-rounder, and two second-rounders. Also, Orlando's Earl Clark and Chris Duhon also go to the Lakers in the deal. Sulia

August 9, 2012 Updates
July 9, 2012 Updates

The tentacles of the proposed deal stretched across more than 10 players and three teams on Monday, with the Nets recruiting a fourth team to take on guard MarShon Brooks in exchange for an additional draft pick to send to Orlando. Nevertheless, multiple complexities need to be resolved to complete the deal, including the negotiation of contracts for four of the players in the proposed trade: Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, Damion James and Shelden Williams. In the proposed deal, Howard, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark would be sent to Brooklyn, and the Magic would receive the Nets' Lopez, James, Williams and Armon Johnson, Cleveland's Luke Walton and three future first-round picks, sources said. Cleveland would receive Orlando's Quentin Richardson, Brooklyn's Sundiata Gaines, Humphries (on a one-year guaranteed deal), a first-round pick and $3 million from the Nets. Brooklyn also is in talks with the Los Angeles Clippers to exchange Brooks for an additional first-round pick to send to the Magic. If the Clippers decline to participate, other teams are in position to take on Brooks, sources said. Yahoo! Sports

The Orlando Magic have intensified discussions about trading Dwight Howard, and the Brooklyn Nets are rapidly overtaking the Los Angeles Lakers as the strongest contender to land the disenchanted All-Star center, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. As Orlando sorts through the offers, Howard's potential destination is increasingly looking like the Nets, sources said. The tentacles of the proposed deal stretched across more than 10 players and three teams on Monday morning, with the Nets recruiting a fourth team to take on guard MarShon Brooks in exchange for an additional draft pick to send to Orlando. Yahoo! Sports

July 1, 2012 Updates

Although Earl Clark originally informed the Orlando Magic that he would decline his player option for the upcoming season, the 6-foot-10 forward changed his mind and exercised the option. The paperwork necessary for Clark to opt in was filed Friday before his deadline, said Clark's agent, Happy Walters. The move ensured that Clark will remain under contract for the next 12 months and will receive a salary of $1.24 million. Orlando Sentinel

Any rumor missing? E-mail us at   hoopshype@hoopshype.com.