HoopsHype Kostas Papanikolaou rumors

August 8, 2014 Updates
July 17, 2014 Updates

After a two days negotiation, Kostas Papanikolaou decided not to accept the offer of Houston Rockets and he will not make the jump from Barcelona to the NBA. As he recently said to Eurohoops, he was willing to make a financial sacrifice, however the offer of the Rockets just wasn’t enough. The NBA team informed the representatives of the player that the four million US dollars for next two seasons was the best deal they could offer and under those conditions, Papanikolaou will remain in Europe. EuroHoops.net

July 16, 2014 Updates
July 15, 2014 Updates

Emiliano Carchia: Rockets first offer to Kostas Papanikolaou was $4M in two-years. Considering Papanikolaou has to pay part of buyout he turned it down. Rockets will likely make a new proposal to Kostas Papanikolaou who was a $1.5M buyout and he has to pay for it around $900k. Twitter @sportando

Jonathan Feigen: Rockets also in talks with Kostas Papanikolaou. Deal not complete. Waiting for me to be able to correcly spell Papanikolaou without checking Twitter @Jonathan_Feigen

Houston Rockets are ready to initiate negotiations in order to sign Kostas Papanikolaou, however the side of the player is waiting for the official offer of the NBA franshise which is not yet on the table. According to Eurohoops sources close to the situation, in the next few hours a meeting for this matter will take place between the management of the team and agent Marc Cornstein who is representing the Greek player in the States. EuroHoops.net

May 11, 2014 Updates

Kostas Papanikolaou: I will need a balanced combination between the contract I will be offered and my role in a NBA team, in order to sign there. I don’t mean of course that I will demand the same kind of money that I get from Barcelona. For sure I am ready to sacrifice some money in order to get there. You have to make sacrifices in order to make your dreams a reality. But the way I will be approached, will play a pivotal role in my decision. I play in one of the best teams in Europe. I don’t want just to sign in the NBA without having a place in a team’s rotation. I don’t want something like a guarantee, I know how things work in the States. But I want to be sure that I will get an equal chance and they will trust me in order to get there, fight and establish myself in the NBA”. EuroHoops.net

Houston Rockets have his NBA rights and during the season they tried to sign him. His answer was negative. Our question is really simple. When he will go to the NBA? Kostas Papanikolaou: “Nothing change in my thoughts about the NBA. If I get a good chance, I will go. However, I am new in this team, they have treated me with respect and I only think about Barcelona. A team that helps me evolve my game and be better. So, I don’t know what will happen, if I will end up in the NBA this summer or the next one. EuroHoops.net

March 28, 2014 Updates

Any rumor missing? E-mail us at   hoopshype@hoopshype.com.