HoopsHype Shaun Livingston rumors

July 1, 2014 Updates
June 29, 2014 Updates

They want to bring back Paul Pierce, Shaun Livingston and Alan Anderson, but with Kidd apparently headed for the door, it might give the players reason to search for better situations elsewhere. Livingston made it known previously that Kidd was a major reason why he settled for the veteran's minimum with the Nets, taking less to play for him with hopes of contending for a title. A league source reiterated Sunday that Kidd's influence was "absolutely'' a factor in Livingston's decision to come to Brooklyn. So if Kidd is not back on the bench, the three-year, $10.4-million deal the Nets can offer might not be enough to keep Livingston around after his strong season. Newsday

June 27, 2014 Updates
June 26, 2014 Updates

The Kings are on the lookout for a starting point guard, and one name to keep an eye on is the Brooklyn Nets' Shaun Livingston. The 28-year-old free-agent-to-be whose career looked all but over in 2007 when he had a devastating leg injury while with the Los Angeles Clippers had his best season yet in 2014-15, helping the Nets turn their season around when he started in place of the injured Deron Williams and remaining a vital part of their program even after he returned. USA Today Sports

June 25, 2014 Updates

As for cost-cutting, how's that going to work. With only 10 players under contract, the Nets contractual commitments for next season stand at little less than $90 million and that doesn't include whatever free agents Paul Pierce and Shaun Livingston get. The chances of the Nets going into next season with another $100 million payroll seem high ... unless the Nets starting dumping salaries this week. That is unlikely in the extreme. The Nets have a chance, if they compete at a high level, to make further inroads in the Knicks fan base. That would add further value to the franchise. Do the Nets want to cut costs? No doubt, with a $50 million loss on their balance sheet. Will it affect the team? That's a different story. NetsDaily

June 11, 2014 Updates

In an interview with Livingston's home-town local news station WEEK, Livingston spoke about the NBA Finals, his job in guarding LeBron James, who he thinks doesn't get enough credit for being clutch, and the possibility for his return to Brooklyn next season. Of course, it will all come down to money and comfort. The Minnesota Timberwolves, who can offer Livingston the Mid-Level Exception, which can reach up to $5 million per year over four years, or north of $20 million, whereas the Nets can only offer him the Mini Mid-Level Exception, which maxes out at $3.3 million per season. Again, though, it also comes down to comfort and opportunity, as Livingston has spoken to many times before. And in this interview, he reiterates that he would "love to be back in Brooklyn." Of course, as he notes, it comes down to the two sides reaching a mutual agreement. NetsDaily

June 10, 2014 Updates

Darren Wolfson: Free agency begins in July. He'll be on their radar. #Twolves RT @JEcadeQueiroz @Darren Wolfson We still pursuing Livingston as a FA? Twitter @DarrenWolfson

May 15, 2014 Updates
May 12, 2014 Updates

Darren Wolfson: One other #Twolves note this a.m.: Shaun Livingston will be on their FA radar. Nets can only pay so much to keep. Flip has history w/ him. Twitter @DarrenWolfson

April 28, 2014 Updates

While Nets GM Billy King said re-signing Shaun Livingston is the team’s No. 1 priority, expect Brooklyn to have stiff competition for his services. Livingston has repeatedly said this is the best he’s felt since his career-derailing knee injury in 2007. Livingston played in a career-high 76 games this season (26 minutes per game) and shot 48.3 percent. Despite losing a step, Livingston is still a matchup nightmare for guards because of his height (6 feet 7 inches). Livingston, who signed a series of 10-day contract over the years, may be looking for a lucrative multiyear contract. Boston Globe

April 26, 2014 Updates

Shaun Livingston didn’t need to hear the racially insensitive comments allegedly made by Clippers owner Donald Sterling in an audio recording to know how the man thinks. “You look it, it was probably disappointing to a lot of people,” said Livingston, who was drafted by the Clippers and played three years in Los Angeles. “But you look at what’s kind of gone on in the past, it’s very unfortunate, but I think it kind of tells the same story as what’s been told if you pull up the record.” New York Post

March 26, 2014 Updates
March 25, 2014 Updates
March 23, 2014 Updates

Any rumor missing? E-mail us at   hoopshype@hoopshype.com.