Storyline: Morris Twins Case

24 rumors in this storyline

Two men who pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in a case that involved NBA players Marcus and Markieff Morris have been sentenced to 60 days in jail in Phoenix. Maricopa County Superior Court officials say Julius Kane began his sentence immediately Thursday while Christopher Melendez was sentenced to three years of probation and 60 days of deferred jail time starting on Nov. 16, 2018.

More Rumors in this Storyline

Jurors are expected to hear closing arguments Thursday for the assault trial of NBA players Marcus and Markieff Morris. The Morris brothers are accused of helping three other people beat Erik Hood on Jan. 24, 2015. Hood testified last week his relationship with the twins became strained because of a misinterpreted text message. The Morris brothers face the possibility of prison time and discipline from the NBA if convicted. Marcus plays for the Boston Celtics and Markieff is with the Washington Wizards. The trial has forced the twins to miss the start of NBA training camp which began Tuesday.

A friend of the man accusing two former Phoenix Suns players of beating him in 2015 testified Thursday that she saw either Marcus or Markieff Morris, along with other men, beat the victim so badly that she had to take him to an emergency room. “He was like in a daze,” Sherika Sherad testified, describing her friend’s condition after the attack. “He was slurring (his words) sometimes, I didn’t know what he was saying.” Sherad, whose testimony started Wednesday and continued Thursday, told an 11-member jury that she called 911to report the Jan. 24, 2015, attack on Erik Hood. The Morris brothers played for the Suns at the time. They are standing trial this week along with a third man in Maricopa County Superior Court on charges related to the attack on Hood.
More HoopsHype Rumors
January 16, 2018 | 9:59 pm EST Update
After the Mavericks’ shootaround at Pepsi Center on Tuesday, Dennis Smith Jr. clearly laid out his thoughts on the Verizon Slam Dunk event that will be on Saturday night, Feb. 17, in Los Angeles. “That’s something I’d like to do,” the 20-year-old said. “If I’m given the opportunity, I’m definitely willing to do it. That’s the event that I watched a lot growing up, and it’s probably the most exciting event of the All-Star weekend, except the actual game.”
Storyline: All-Star Contests
January 16, 2018 | 9:14 pm EST Update
The reigning slam dunk champion won’t be back in time to defend his crown but would like to see Jazz rookie Donovan Mitchell participate in Los Angeles just like the rest of the world. “Definitely. Just based off the highlights that I’ve seen and just watching his game. I like his game,” Glenn Robinson III said. “I know a lot of people do and a lot of fans is excited and that’s the most important part. So I think that he definitely is going to be on that list to be in it.”
Storyline: All-Star Contests