Storyline: Rajon Rondo Injury

66 rumors in this storyline

More Rumors in this Storyline

Rajon Rondo wanted it to be a surprise. The team switched Rondo’s status from “out” to “expected to play” just 30 minutes before tipoff, changing the tenor of the sleepy matchup to an anticipated affair. “I was trying to make it like zero minutes (before tip),” Rondo said of Monday’s announcement. “It was just a feeling I had before the game. (Sunday) night, I got a good night’s rest, and so I was hoping to play (Monday) and see how my body responded.”

“It couldn’t have come at a worse time,” Rondo said after Game 3 about his fractured thumb that likely will keep him out the rest of this series. “Things happen for a reason; it is what it is. I’m not sure how long I’ll be out. I plan on healing pretty quickly, but the doctors tell me a couple of weeks, so we’ll see how it goes week to week. “Depends on what I can tolerate,” Rondo added. “I’ll check it every two days, see if I can pick up a ball. But right now I can’t even use a fork with my thumb. So it’s going to take a couple days to see how I feel and hopefully things get better. When I tried to pick a ball up it was pretty painful. I knew something was wrong. My finger was blue.”

“I knew right then there was something wrong with my thumb,” said Rondo. “I continued to play, I didn’t think nothing of it. It was painful, but it’s the playoffs. I felt it right away, but I was able to push the ball with my left hand up the floor. I still made a couple of passes, but I was locked into the game and played through the pain. “I do (consider myself a fast healer),” Rondo said. “I’ve had a couple of problems with my right hand the last month of the season. I was able to take a couple of days off and let it heal on its own or it got a little bit better, so I’m hoping it’s the same thing with my thumb; we’ll see.
More HoopsHype Rumors
February 22, 2018 | 9:29 am EST Update
An outdoor amphitheater on Capitol Mall. Autonomous vehicles shuttling tourists from Sacramento International Airport to Golden 1 Center. A waterfront festival along the Port of Sacramento accommodating hundreds of people staying on luxury cruise ships. Sacramento’s bid to host the NBA All-Star Game in 2022 or 2023 is a mix of high-tech flash and outside-the-box concepts aimed at bolstering a proposal seen by many as a long shot. The bid, revealed to The Sacramento Bee late Wednesday, will be formally introduced Thursday at a press conference outside Golden 1 Center and delivered to the NBA the following day. The bid package will include virtual reality tours of event spaces and testimonials from team officials, local political leaders and former Kings legends.
Another topic at the first practice back was the prime topic in the country right now: Gun control. In the wake of the latest massacre in Florida, some high schoolers who survived the shooting have spoken out loudly about the issue, drumming up more conversation and potential change than at any other point. Kerr, who is passionate about the issue, was asked about the ongoing dialogue. “I think it’s phenomenal,” Kerr said. “What those kids are doing is heroic, it’s heartfelt and I think it’s the beginning of some change. I really believe that. I’m amazed every time I see on TV or online, it’s heartbreaking but inspiring all at once.
“I feel very encouraged. We’ve got a generation that’s grown up with these school shootings and mass shootings and they’re fed up. Historically, it’s a young generation that has to initiate change. You think about the Vietnam war. “All the old white guys who kept sending the troops over to fight this ridiculous war, it was all the young people who protested, had to make change, communicate. It’s the young people in the country now who are going to create the change we need in terms of how we handle gun violence and how we do our best to curb it. It’s amazing to watch.”
February 22, 2018 | 5:06 am EST Update