What did the Lakers say when they heard about the show? Any concerns expressed? LaVar Ball: “What did the Lakers say? They don’t got to ask me nothing. I ain’t going to ask them nothing. This thing got nothing to do with the Lakers. This is what my boys and my family do. What we do, on the outside. “As long as he [Lonzo] produce on that court and do what he suppose to do…this is what people get caught up on. ‘Oh shoot! Lamar Odom started dating Khloe Kardashian.’
As Lonzo Ball experienced a transitional summer, reality television cameras were there to document it. Bunim/Murray productions, the production company responsible for MTV’s “The Real World” and E!’s “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” is taking on the Lakers great hope for the future. Their new project, “Ball in the Family,” followed Ball, the Lakers’ No. 2 overall pick, his outspoken father, LaVar, his mother, Tina, and his brothers, LiAngelo and LaMelo. The show’s first two episodes will debut on Thursday. According to a release, the show includes 10 episodes that will normally air Sundays, starting Sept. 10 on Facebook Watch.
Returning the Favor features Mike Rowe (Somebody’s Gotta Do It) as he travels the country searching for people who put their community over themselves and shines a spotlight on their contributions. A recently filmed episode, which Rowe teased on his Facebook page, focuses on a motorcycle mechanic who runs an operation helping vets with PTSD. The second project is a yet-to-be-titled docuseries about the Ball family, whose sons Lonzo, Liangelo and LaMelo have taken the basketball world by storm. Freshman UCLA star Lonzo Ball was chosen by the Los Angeles Lakers as their No. 2 pick in the NBA Draft last month. Liangelo and LaMelo are stand-outs at Chino Hills High School.
The Indiana Pacers were told to stay in their team hotel Sunday night because the search for the Facebook killer in Cleveland was still ongoing. “We were instructed to stay put because of the situation that was happening last night,” Pacers coach Nate McMillan said during the Pacers’ Monday morning shootaround.
“We have all the security parameters in place for the Cavs game that we normally do and things above that,” Cleveland police chief Calvin Williams said Monday morning. “Everybody will be safe coming to the Cavs game tonight.” Local and federal police forces were still searching for Steve Stephens, 37, who filmed and later posted the killing of 74-year-old Robert Godwin Jr. on Facebook on Sunday.
While everyone wasn’t pleased with the change or how the league handled the announcement, fans were ready and waiting to watch these games. That is when the problems started to arise. Not only did almost every broadcast experienced significant problems with both audio and video, but the way the broadcast itself looked was like that of a frustrated streamer on Twitch. People took to Twitter to air their frustrations.