“And I wouldn’t have begged him to come back,” Wall interjected. “I would’ve been, ‘Don’t come back because in two years, I ain’t coming back.’ We would’ve figured something out. … I think everybody blew it out of proportion for no reason. I mean, if you look at any two great teammates, and two young, great guys, that’s talented and want to be great, you’re going to have ups and downs. Everything is not going to be perfect.”
“My individual goal is to add [Beal] to the All-Star game with me. I feel like if he’s not there, then I didn’t do my job of leading the team,” Wall told The Vertical. “We’ve proved it. I ain’t an All-Star if he ain’t playing. Simple as that. We’ve had arguments in games. You’re going to do that. But if I can put that to the side, see him wide open and make that pass … and if I don’t make that pass and take that shot …”
Erik Hood, who said he was attacked by NBA players Marcus and Markieff Morris after a youth basketball game in Phoenix in 2015, has filed a civil lawsuit against the twins and three other men. The Morris twins, former Phoenix Suns players, and three other defendants are accused of beating up Hood outside a youth basketball tournament in central Phoenix. The criminal case is still underway in Maricopa County Superior Court, and the civil lawsuit was filed there on Tuesday. Hood, of Maricopa County, is suing the five defendants for conspiracy, battery and assault and is seeking actual damages, including pain and suffering, and punitive damages from them, according to a complaint document filed by attorneys William Richards and Nicole Davis.
Brooks was 2 when his dad abandoned seven children. He never learned much about the man. Brooks heard that he was a salesman, or something like that; he still doesn’t know. When Brooks was 18, his father tried to reach out. Brooks shut it down. When telling this story, of the only time he closed his heart to a stranger, Brooks pinches his right arm and his voice softens with regret. “I never allowed him. I actually said some things I don’t want to repeat to him but I felt that was the right thing to do,” Brooks says, “and if I had to do it all over, I would’ve listened.”
Lee was 79 and healthy. She never took a sick day in her life because if she didn’t work, then seven kids didn’t eat. However, that month the family learned she had Stage 4 cancer. The morning after a win in Dallas, Brooks rushed back to California. Thirty minutes after he arrived at the hospital, his mother died. Suddenly, his greatest childhood fear swept over him like a wave: If something ever happened to mom, I’d have no one to take care of me. His inspiration was now gone, but Brooks stopped thinking about himself. He followed the instinct to fight through the pain and hopped a flight to Denver. He had a game to coach. “I went back to work the next day because I knew that’s what she wanted. But for me, that’s another regret,” Brooks says. “I [should’ve] took some time off.”