* The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly listening to offers for Al Horford. Quite an interesting situation there. Horford will be an unrestricted free agent and Atlanta risks losing him for nothing in the summer. Should a good but not great team like the Hawks make a bold move at the trade deadline that prevents them from making a playoff run but helps their future?
* Mika Honkasalo writes about the Celtics’ future options and potential trade deadline moves. Blake Griffin anyone?
* Magic forward Channing Frye, who will make $15 million the next two seasons, is a candidate to be moved this month. He’s been quite a disappointment in Orlando.
* Steve Nash passed on coaching that mess they have in Phoenix.
* Ken Berger at CBSSports.com writes about how NBA players are controlling their own media. It’s a fascinating development. LeBron James has a really good take on the matter.
* Former Nets executive (and HoopsHype writer) Bobby Marks says NBA teams don’t even bother the Spurs with trade offers for their top players.
* Bob Hill has been hired as assistant coach by the Phoenix Suns. Looking forward to that Spurs-Suns game on February 21. Hill and Gregg Popovich go way back…
* Sacramento Kings’ T-shirt giveaway goes wrong.
* It’s safe to say Marreese Speights likes former Warriors head coach Mark Jackson more than Andew Bogut does.
* Brazilian guard Leandro Barbosa has to remind American forward Harrison Barnes that Brazilians speak Portuguese, not Spanish. This is something that irks Brazilians to no end, I’m sure.
* We have re-drafted the 2007 class. Kevin Durant would of course be the No. 1 pick. Greg Oden? He goes a little lower.
* Staunch Republican Spencer Hawes was totally feeling the Bern Monday night.
* Only in America: The makers of NBA 2K have been sued over the use of player tattoos without permission.