* The Lakers once called the Cavaliers about swapping Kobe Bryant for LeBron James in 2007. HoopsHype would have probably exploded if that goes down.
* Eighteeen journalists are asked about their best Kobe Bryant stories. An avalanche of anecdotes ensues.
* More Kobe: After last night’s loss to Cleveland, he now has a 6-15 record against LeBron James.
* The Mike Conley-to-New York Rumors continue. What a week for the Grizzlies.
* Markieff Morris gets into a shoving match with teammate Archie Goodwin. The Pacific Division: Home to many dysfunctional franchises.
* The smartest guy on the court prevents the Celtics from fouling DeAndre Jordan, who’s not such a good free-throw shooter.
* Kareem Abdul-Jabbar tries to clarify his comments on Dirk Nowitzki, still kind of says the same thing.
* A story on how Stephen Curry got the best worst ankles in sports. That small event has changed the face of the NBA.
* JB Bickerstaff admits Rockets are a fragmented bunch. Expect trades.
* How The Starters made it. Does anybody not like The Starters?
* JaVale McGee gets serious: He’s outraged about what’s going on in Flint.
* The NBA is saddened by the death of Ingrid Williams, wife of beloved Thunder assistant coach Monty Williams. May she rest in peace.