1. He doesn’t like beer much. Which is basically a sin for a German.
2. He’s No. 7 in Win Shares in NBA history. Ahead of Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal, Oscar Robertson, LeBron James and many other superstars.
3. Steve Nash is the only player ever to make an All-NBA Team while playing next to him. Nash was selected to the All-NBA 3rd team in Dallas in 2002 and 2003.
4. His middle name is Werner.
5. He has not dunked in a playoff game since 2012.
6. The Mavs named a hamburger after him. It includes jalapeno beer cheese and bacon onion marmalade.
7. He’s pretty good at tennis. Actually, he called tennis his first love before basketball.
8. He only medaled twice with Germany. He won bronze at the 2002 Worlds and silver at the 2005 Eurobasket.
9. He’s only had two triple-doubles in his NBA career.
10. Brother in laws Marcus and Martin Olsson are pro soccer players. They combine for 42 caps with the Swedish National Team.
11. The Mavericks have 12 50-win seasons with him on the team. And only two without him.