During the dinner, Griffin and Testi began arguing, wit…

During the dinner, Griffin and Testi began arguing, with sources saying that Testi was taunting Griffin in one fashion or another — either by calling him a derogatory name or saying the team, which had gone 11-2 since Griffin was injured, was better without him.

More on Blake Griffin Incident

Testi, who was officially hired by the Clippers in 2014, is no less liked. "I know Matias," said a player familiar with all the parties. "He's a good person." Griffin thought so as well. One league source said that Griffin had purchased a car for Testi, and had helped set him up in a clothing apparel business.
"It's (bleeped) up," Clippers guard Austin Rivers said Friday. "It's a (bleeped) up situation. We're already like, 'man, when's he coming back?', and he's about to come back, and now this happens. It's not like we're even mad at him, it's more like, come on, what are you thinking, man -- not even just for us, but for yourself. What are you doing?"
Rivers was leaving Mr Chow this weekend -- when we asked if his opinion on the fight changed now that we know Blake had been drinking in the hours before he attacked Matias Testi last month. Rivers shook his head 'no' -- and then went to bat for the NBA star ... saying, "He's a grown man ... and he's a good guy."
JJ Redick on Blake Griffin's incident: "I wasn't there that night, so I don't have all the the details. I will say that Blake is a friend, Blake is a teammate, I have his back. We can't be who we wanna be as a team without Blake Griffin. So the sooner he gets back the better off we'll be as a team. Once he gets healthy and he's paid his penance, whatever that may be, we'll welcome him back with open arms."
The NBA's investigation of Los Angeles Clippers star Blake Griffin's altercation with a team staffer is ongoing, according to a league source. After the league spoke with Griffin about the incident Friday, the Clippers were under the impression that the investigation was over and an announcement on any discipline for Griffin would be made early next week.
The NBA and the Los Angeles Clippers have completed their investigation into the Blake Griffin-Matias Testi incident, according to a source. The Clippers have been consulting with the NBA on potential discipline for the star forward, and an announcement is expected next week.
Sources said Testi, an assistant equipment manager for the Clippers, is in no danger of losing his job following a Jan. 23 altercation in which Griffin broke his hand punching Testi, who suffered a swollen face.
Rivers didn't shed any light on what led to the altercation between Griffin and Testi, who are friends. Rivers said the two men have since been in touch, but he didn't know what was said. Earlier in the week, Rivers had said alcohol wasn't involved. But he backtracked Friday. "Did guys have a drink? I'm sure they did," he said.
Kia isn't exactly rushing to the defense of their superstar pitchman Blake Griffin -- with the car company refusing to say if they'll stand by the NBA star in the wake of his fistfight in Toronto. We reached out to Kia to ask if Blake's job is safe ... this is all we got back: "Kia is not offering comment on this matter." Not exactly a rousing show of support for a guy who's had a working relationship with Kia since 2011. We're guessing Kia's just waiting to see how the NBA investigation shakes out before committing to any course of action ... can't really blame 'em.
That is probably enough to crush Clipper dreams of catching Oklahoma City for the No. 3 spot -- and avoiding a second-round appointment with Golden State. That is not helpful. The Clippers are lucky the police aren't involved. The victim, Matias Testi, a member of the team's equipment staff, has a swollen face. Sources say he has also suffered debilitating headaches since the incident.
Ramona Shelburne: The Clippers, NBA and NBAPA are all investigating the incident with Blake Griffin and a team staffer in Toronto. If there is punishment for Griffin, I'm told to expect it'll come from the Clippers, while the league makes sure it's appropriate.
NBA investigators have been interviewing Clippers players and staff members as part of the league's investigation into the incident between Blake Griffin and assistant equipment manager Matias Testi. Clippers center DeAndre Jordan and assistant trainer Joe Resendez, who were at dinner with Griffin and Testi, were among those who were questioned by NBA security officials.
Legal experts don't think criminal charges will be filed. They expressed surprise at the national attention the scuffle attracted and believe it's in the best interest of the two men to resolve the matter privately. "The most likely outcome is that there are no criminal charges," said Michael McCann, a sports law professor at the University of New Hampshire. "Any potential civil litigation would be settled out of court confidentially, without exposure to the media. It makes a lot of sense for everyone involved to resolve this dispute privately, not publicly. That's the sensible path."
Ben Bolch: There's still no police report and their names were never taken by officers, according to a Toronto Police service spokeswoman. Have been told reason no police report was filed in Blake Griffin incident is because Mathias Testi told officers he was OK at the scene.
Dennis Rodman says Blake Griffin's punch WON'T be a factor if the Clippers decides to trade him -- saying in the end, it comes down to one thing ... if can he help the team win on the court.
Rodman was at the Staples Center for the Lakers game Tuesday night when we asked for his thoughts on the situation. "It don't matter. He makes too much money."
Testi, a longtime Clippers employee, had been a close friend of Griffin’s and has strong relationships with the rest of the team. “We’re a family,” Rivers said.. Why Griffin and Testi fought remains a mystery. Both men left the team and returned to Los Angeles following the incident. “It shouldn’t have happened,” Rivers told reporters. “They were good friends.”
Mike Wells: Caught up with ex-Pacer and current Clipper Lance Stephenson and FIRST thing he said was, "I bet you thought it was me at first. Not me!"
Rowan Kavner: Doc said it's frustrating, something he takes personally. Said it's a hard lesson to learn for everyone. Doc Rivers: "It's a hard lesson for Blake, but it's also a hard lesson for our team." He said 4-6 weeks with a broken hand might be unrealistic.
The following is a joint statement from L.A. Clippers owner Steve Ballmer and President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach Doc Rivers: L.A. Clippers forward Blake Griffin suffered a spiral fracture of the fourth metacarpal in his right hand throwing a punch on Jan. 23 in Toronto.on, appropriate action will be taken.
Griffin and equipment manager Matias Testi argued at the restaurant before the altercation ensued, according to the people. Testi, who has been close friends with Griffin for years and routinely banters back and forth with the five-time All-Star, was sent back to Los Angeles along with Griffin following the incident. And Griffin, who has been out since Dec. 26 with a torn quadriceps and was nearing his return, now finds himself at the center of what is clearly a serious situation. The NBA and the Clippers are investigating to gain more clarity about the sequence of events.
The Toronto Police tell TMZ Sports they are NOT investigating the reported Blake Griffin restaurant fight that went down during the Clippers' recent trip to Canada ... because no one has filed a report. We spoke with Toronto Police Service media relations officer, Caroline De Kloet, who says Blake's name is not in their system which means there's nothing actively underway.
Clippers Coach Doc Rivers would not divulge whether there would be any discipline involved as a result of the incident but said he would more fully address the situation before his team plays the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday night at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The equipment staff member involved in the altercation has not been fired, a team spokesman said.
Griffin returned to Los Angeles on Sunday because he wasn’t going to play on the remainder of the Clippers’ five-game trip and is having his hand evaluated to determine the extent of the injury. The equipment staff member involved in the incident also has returned to Los Angeles. It is the second physical altercation involving Griffin in the last 16 months. A West Hollywood man accused Griffin of snatching his cellphone and grabbing him after the man took a picture of Clippers players at the Tao nightclub in Las Vegas last October.
According to a league source close to the situation, the report is for the most part accurate. Griffin has missed 14 consecutive games with a partially torn left quad tendon. He had been expected to rejoin the Clippers on their current five-game road trip. However, Griffin was sent home Monday ahead of the Clippers’ game Tuesday at Indiana after team spokesman Seth Burton said Griffin was “not game ready.” The team said there was no setback with Griffin’s quad injury.
The equipment staffer's face was injured, sources told Eaves. Both Griffin and the equipment staffer were sent home after the incident. Sources told ESPN that the hand injury is expected to keep Griffin out "a matter of weeks, as opposed to days."
According to the person, Griffin and a member of the team's equipment staff were both sent back to Los Angeles following the incident. Griffin, who has been out since Dec. 26 with a torn quadriceps, is likely to miss several more weeks with the hand injury.
Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin injured his right hand after hitting a member of the team's equipment staff during an argument, multiple sources told ESPN's Michael Eaves. According to the sources, Griffin and the equipment staffer got into an argument in a restaurant during the team's trip to Toronto. Griffin hit the man, who then left the restaurant and went outside. Griffin followed him outside and hit him again.
Storyline: Blake Griffin Incident
More HoopsHype Rumors
October 23, 2021 | 1:41 pm EDT Update
October 23, 2021 | 12:42 pm EDT Update

Michele Roberts calls out Sixers GM Daryl Morey

In an exclusive statement to Yahoo Sports’ Vincent Goodwill, Roberts urged everyone to be respectful and supportive of Simmons as he works through a tough time. She also called out Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey’s comments about continuing this standoff with Simmons for the four remaining years of his contract. “Really? Is it so hard to believe that Ben’s not mentally at a place to compete? Professional athletes — like the rest of us — have difficult periods in our lives that require time and energy to heal. We have and will continue to provide Ben with the support and resources he needs to work through this. Threatening the prospect of ‘another four years’ serves no one’s interests. Like Tobias [Harris], I say let’s respect Ben’s space and embrace him while allowing him the time to move forward. “So, take a breath and count to 10: We are all too good to continue to play this perpetual game of chicken.”
This rumor is part of a storyline: 474 more rumors
The Wizards then flipped a draft pick for Aaron Holiday and signed Spencer Dinwiddie as part of the trade. Kuzma put on his GM hat after Friday’s game to evaluate the deal in hindsight. “I mean, you gotta do that trade 10 out of 10 times. If you have an opportunity to get five good basketball players for one, it makes sense. Granted, [Westbrook is] obviously a Hall of Fame player and everything. He’s an unbelievable player, don’t take that wrong,” Kuzma said.
Mark Medina: Lakers coach Frank Vogel taking issue with Dwight Howard and Klay Thompson not being on NBA Top 75 list. Vogel called it “surreal” that LeBron, AD, Westbrook and Melo are all on the list

Storyline: NBA's 75 Greatest Players