“Luc is the ultimate professional” said Frank. “H…

“Luc is the ultimate professional” said Frank. “He is a very smart player and an outstanding defender who leads by example and provides a strong cultural presence in the locker room. Luc is a class act that we welcome back to the Clippers.”

More on Luc Richard Mbah a Moute Free Agency

The L.A. Clippers have signed free-agent forward Luc Mbah a Moute, it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations, Lawrence Frank.
Free agent forward Luc Mbah a Moute has agreed to a one-year, $4.3 million deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources told ESPN. The Clippers are paying Mbah a Moute the balance of their mid-level exception, bringing him back to the franchise after a season away with the Houston Rockets.
The signing of Luc Mbah a Moute now has the Clippers with 14 guaranteed contracts and 3 players, Milos Teodosic, Patrick Beverley and CJ Williams that are partially/non-guaranteed. The $6.3M ($2.1M guaranteed) Teodosic contract becomes guaranteed if the guard is not waived by July 15. Los Angeles now has $118M in salary, $5.7M below the tax with restricted free agent Montrezl Harrell unsigned. The Clippers are also $11.8M below the hard cap.
David Aldridge: Rockets became a top three defense last season in large part b/c of their ability to switch everything on the perimeter with P.J. Tucker, Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute. The latter two are gone after Mbah a Moute’s one year, $4.3M deal with the Clippers today (@Adrian Wojnarowski first).
Adrian Wojnarowski: Rockets lose two forwards now — including Ariza — from NBA’s best regular season team. Houston is detemined to sign Carmelo Anthony once he becomes free in OKC, sources tell ESPN.
Mark Berman: Free agent Luc Mbah a Moute (@Luc Richard Mbah a Moute) hopes to return to the #Rockets:"We're talking.Hopefully we can get something done.. We were 1game away from going to the Finals.Hopefully we bring the team back together&do it again..I've embraced this city.This city has embraced me more"

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1015399584305242112
Mbah a Moute, however, remains a free agent. “Of course, I want to be here, yeah,” Mbah a Moute said. “I think we had a great year last year. I had a good year. The team did great, a game away from the Finals. Hopefully, we’ll bring everybody back. I know Trevor (Ariza) left. But to bring everybody else back and have the same team and try to go at it again, (that) is what I’m hoping to do. We’ll see what happens.”
“It’s a tough market,” Mbah a Moute said. “I’m still waiting, trying to weigh my options, see what happens. We’ll see. This is still day five, six. It’s what I saw coming. Hopefully, we get something done.”
After Thursday’s African art exhibit — attended by Rockets president Tad Brown, vice president Gersson Rosas, general counsel Rafael Stone and scout Brent Johnson — Mbah a Moute will host Friday’s Taste of Africa Gala before Saturday’s charity soccer game pitting Team Mbah a Moute vs. Team Clint Capela at the Rice University Soccer Field. “I always wanted to do something like this since I got in the NBA,” said Mbah a Moute, a native of Cameroon. “Doing it here is great. I really feel home here in Houston.”
Candace Buckner: Day 3 into free agency and some of the #Wizards's targets are coming into focus: Washington expressed interest in Jamal Crawford, Luc Mbah a Moute, Dante Cunningham and Willie Reed. All these players were pretty much July 1 calls.
Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has signed free agent forward Luc Mbah a Moute (BAH-ah-MOO-tay). Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Mbah a Moute (6-8, 230) was originally the 37th overall pick by Milwaukee in the 2008 NBA Draft. In nine seasons, he has appeared in 621 games with 438 starts, including a career-high 76 for the Los Angeles Clippers in 2016-17.
Free-agent combo forward Luc Mbah a Moute has agreed to sign with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell ESPN. It is believed to be a one-year, veteran minimum arrangement.
Michael Scotto: Sources: The Houston Rockets and Luc Mbah a Moute have agreed to a one-year, minimum deal. @Chris Haynes was first to report an agreement.
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute: Happy to be back in the Lob City! Excited about next season and ready to roll with the squad! #LAClippers
Prior to them hitting the market Thursday night, the Clippers already had contact with Jeff Green, Austin Rivers, Luc Mbah a Moute, Cole Aldrich, Jamal Crawford and Wesley Johnson, according to a source. Doc Rivers has publicly said he hopes to re-sign as many of them as possible.
Ben Bolch: Mutual interest between Luc Mbah a Moute and Clippers after his pleasant surprise of a season landed him in the starting lineup, per sources. Of course, Luc Mbah a Moute coming back hinges on what Kevin Durant does, like pretty much every move Clippers will make this summer.
Storyline: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute Free Agency
More HoopsHype Rumors
July 13, 2020 | 5:27 pm EDT Update
July 13, 2020 | 5:00 pm EDT Update
July 13, 2020 | 4:38 pm EDT Update
July 13, 2020 | 4:12 pm EDT Update
Lowry is certainly going to give it. In all matters. As a member of the players’ association competition committee, he worked with the league in setting up every facet of life for the 22 teams that are now gathered near Orlando for the resumption of the suspended season later this month. He was involved in developing testing protocols, scheduling, what is allowed and what’s not, and has made it clear to his teammates how important that is. He is the franchise’s conduit to a healthy existence.
Storyline: Coronavirus
July 13, 2020 | 3:40 pm EDT Update
The Knicks are continuing to work through the process of the search for a head coach and have completed second interviews with all candidates. Knicks president Leon Rose described his process on MSG Network last month of conducting informal talks and then formal interviews with the 11 confirmed candidates. The Knicks completed the second round last week, holding talks with the candidates who are not headed into the bubble for the restart of the NBA season.
Storyline: Knicks Coaching Search
Memphis Grizzlies rookie Ja Morant called out those players that took issue with the conditions, saying that he wasn’t a “silver spoon guy” and that the options have been fine. Redick agreed with that assessment on Sunday during his media availability with reporters. “Getting outside and golfing yesterday was key. The bubble life has been fine. I think Ja Morant said it best: The hotel is fine, the food is fine, everything is fine. We’re here to play basketball, to further our mission. We have a responsibility and a job to do. It’s fine.”
Storyline: Orlando Bubble
Craig Robinson, who served as the Knicks’ vice president of player development and general manager of the G League’s Westchester Knicks since 2017, has accepted a position as executive director for the National Association of Basketball Coaches. Robinson was not expected to remain with the Knicks, having been brought on by Steve Mills, who was dismissed earlier this year. The contracts of Robinson and most of the front-office personnel are expiring shortly.
July 13, 2020 | 2:32 pm EDT Update
His path from experiencing poverty in Greece to becoming a multimillionaire MVP included sacrifice, which he refuses to lose sight of despite his current status. “I’m in a situation where I’m extremely blessed and I cannot complain. Obviously, it doesn’t matter where you are in life, there’s always something to complain, there’s always a problem and an issue,” Antetokounmpo said. “But I try to kind of not focus on that. So as I said, my apartment in Greece, when I was younger, with my four brothers, was way smaller than the suite that I have in the hotel, so I’m just trying to enjoy the moment.
“This is something special,” he continued. “Hopefully, this pandemic never happens again so we never are able to come back in the campus, but at the end of the day, this is part of history, so just being able to be here, participate in this, I’m just trying to be in the moment, trying to enjoy every moment, trying to enjoy basketball. I’m happy that we’re back playing basketball, something that I love doing, so there’s nothing really to complain about.” Even before entering the NBA’s campus at Walt Disney World, Antetokounmpo said he thought “this is gonna be the toughest championship you could ever win” because of the circumstances. He jokingly admitted that he “sucked” during the Bucks’ first five-on-five scrimmage at Monday’s practice but thinks everyone will shake the initial rust once the ball is tipped for real competition.
Rodriguez, who last starred with the Yankees, and fiancée Lopez have put $300 million of their own money toward the bid. Other investors include future Hall of Fame offensive lineman Joe Thomas, who spent his entire career with the Cleveland Browns, two-time NBA All-Star Bradley Beal from the Washington Wizards, and Denver Nuggets center Mason Plumlee. “Being a former athlete and having a chance to be a part of a group trying to purchase a professional team, it’s pretty cool,” Urlacher told ESPN on Monday. “It’s especially cool to be involved with Alex. Alex is the man. You’ve got Kelce, Joe Thomas, DeMarco Murray. It’s great to be in a group with them.”
July 13, 2020 | 1:31 pm EDT Update

Russell Westbrook tests positive for COVID-19

Houston Rockets star Russell Westbrook says he has tested positive for coronavirus. Westbrook tweeted Monday that he tested positive before his Rockets teammates were scheduled to travel to Walt Disney World for the resumption of the NBA season Westbrook tweeted he is “currently feeling well, quarantined, and looking forward to rejoining my teammates when I am cleared.”
4 hours ago via ESPN
This rumor is part of a storyline: 296 more rumors

Houston Rockets' Bruno Caboclo breaks quarantine

Houston Rockets forward Bruno Caboclo unintentionally broke quarantine, making him subject to an extended quarantine period and enhanced coronavirus testing, league sources told ESPN. After players entered the league’s bubble at the Walt Disney World Resort last week, anyone who either is caught leaving for an unauthorized reason or who broke the initial quarantine period (which covered being confined to your hotel room until passing multiple coronavirus tests in a longer-than 24-hour span) will be subject to the league’s re-entry protocols.
This means having to undergo enhanced coronavirus-19 testing – meaning the ones with the long swab up the nose, as opposed to the less invasive ones players are getting during their time in the bubble — in addition to a 10-day quarantine period in their hotel room. Caboclo left his room during the initial quarantine period, a source said. He was unaware that he was not allowed to do so, despite the league informing all players and staff of the protocol. “He should’ve known,” the source said. “It was no secret.”
Sources told ESPN that Caboclo’s time in quarantine is now down to eight days. He is expected to rejoin the team once his quarantine is complete. The Rockets are still awaiting the arrival of stars James Harden and Russell Westbrook in Orlando, as well as forward Luc Mbah a Moute. Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said Sunday that all three are likely to rejoin the team sometime this week.
Storyline: Orlando Bubble
Since the G League season was officially ended during the league’s stoppage of play and NBA team rosters were expanded for the remaining seeding games and playoffs, Bol has joined the Nuggets in the bubble and has been practicing with the team. “He (Bol) only practiced with us in Denver a few times during the season,” Malone said Saturday. “To see him out there playing and doing things that a lot of people can’t do, it’s really remarkable. I have to remind myself how young he is. He is extremely talented and skilled.”
The Los Angeles Lakers trio of LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and Quinn Cook tried to get some 2K action going to pass the time in the bubble, and the results turned out to be catastrophic. Things did not really go as planned, with the servers crashing even before they could get a game in. As it turns out, there were too many spectators on the feed, so the 2K servers were unable to cope.
July 13, 2020 | 11:39 am EDT Update
Rivers: If he was in an era 10 years ago, Boban would be a big-time player. He’s just in an era where he’s 10 years too late. And he’s still in the league doing his thing, but make no mistake about it, if he was in 2003, 2006, Boban would be a force to be reckoned with. Van Gundy: I’ve always wondered if I, you know, should’ve played him more. You get so concerned with the defensive end of the floor, but with what he can do offensively, I’m not sure we wouldn’t have been better off playing him more and dealing with whatever defensive problems came up.
Home