Scott Agness: Free agent guard Brian Bowen has re-signed with the Pacers on a two-way deal. The Pacers have 19 of 20 training camp spots filled.
The Indiana Pacers announced Monday they have signed forward Brian Bowen II to a two-way contract. In addition, the Pacers signed forward JaKeenan Gant and guard C.J. Wilcox to Exhibit 10 contracts.
Jeremy Woo: League sources: the Indiana Pacers have agreed to a two-way contract with Brian Bowen, who spent last season with the Sydney Kings.
Nineteen year-old American Brian Bowen II will become the first player in the NBL’s Next Stars program when he lines up for the Sydney Kings in 2018-19. The Next Stars program contracts NBA draft eligible players and develops them in Australia with a view to fast tracking their readiness for the NBA.
The initiative follows the drafting of Terrance Ferguson by NBA team Oklahoma City Thunder after he elected not to go to college in the US, instead spending the 2016/17 NBL season with the Adelaide 36ers straight out of high school. Bowen had 21.4 points, 6.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game as a senior in high school at La Lumiere. He was a McDonald’s All-American in 2017 and ranked number 14 in ESPN’s 2017 Recruiting Class. He chose to pull out of the 2018 NBA Draft but is eligible in 2019.
NBL Chief Executive Jeremy Loeliger said: “Brian is an exciting young talent and exactly the sort of NBA prospect we had in mind when developing the Next Stars initiative.” “We are delighted he is joining the Sydney Kings this season and we look forward to seeing him develop as a professional basketballer. It is a really significant stage of any player’s career and we think that the NBL is the perfect league for Brian to transition from amateur to professional, and demonstrate to all the NBA scouts out there that he has what it takes to compete against grown men playing professional basketball. The Next Stars program will give guys like Brian the chance to refine their game in a world class league in the NBL and, just like Terrance, demonstrate that they’re ready for the NBA."
June 16, 2021 | 8:43 pm EDT Update
Mirjam Swanson: Ty says Kawhi is a “little down” because he wanted to be there for his guys … adds that there’s no potential return, waiting for testing and “go from there.”
Ohm Youngmisuk: Told that people are counting the Clippers out now with Kawhi Leonard out, Ty Lue said, “I’ve been counted out my whole life… not really worried about the chatter. We were counted out in the first series as well.”
Andy Larsen: Mike Conley just wrapped up his pregame workout, which didn’t feature much movement at all… some light shooting and dribbling, but not much that would give Jazz fans optimism.
Can Marc Eversley produce lottery luck for the Chicago Bulls again? The general manager will represent the franchise virtually for Tuesday’s NBA draft lottery after executive vice president Artūras Karnišovas handled the duties last year.