Jeff Siegel: Buyout numbers: Jordan McRae gave back 390,424 to secure his release from Denver. Allen Crabbe gave back 681,544 in his buyout with Minnesota. Anthony Tolliver's cap hit dropped by 91,557 on Sacramento's books, but the exact details of his buyout are still murky.
James Ham: Kings officially waive Anthony Tolliver. Their roster now stands at 14. pic.twitter.com/MuwCYQPVBx
The Portland Trail Blazers have signed free agent forward Anthony Tolliver, it was announced today by president of basketball operations Neil Olshey. Tolliver, 34, spent the 2018-19 season with Minnesota, posting averages of 5.0 points (38.2% FG, 37.7% 3-PT, 78.3% FT), 2.7 rebounds, 0.7 assists and 16.6 minutes in 65 games. He previously played two games for the Trail Blazers during the 2009-10 season.
Shams Charania: Free agent forward Anthony Tolliver has agreed to a one-year, $2.6M deal with the Portland Trail Blazers, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium . Tolliver will provide a high-level shooting rotation big.
The Minnesota Timberwolves announced the team has signed forward Anthony Tolliver. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.
Rod Beard: According to a source, Anthony Tolliver's deal with the #Timberwolves is for one year and $5.7 million. The #Pistons couldn't make a comparable offer.
Darren Wolfson: Look for the Tolliver $$ to fall between $5 and $6M on a 1 year deal. Thibs had 2 separate phone calls with him. Clippers, Dallas, Philly also had interest. Heck, Clippers visited him at his house. Good get for #Twolves. He makes 3s, and loves it here in MN. Great in community.
Former Timberwolves player Anthony Tolliver would also be interested in an offer to return, sources said. Tolliver is expected to have several suitors on the open market.
Brad Turner: Clippers visited with free agent forward Anthony Tolliver today in Dallas per source. Team will continue to have conversations with Tolliver. He’s a stretch 4 the Clippers could use.
Shams Charania: Sources: Top brass from the Los Angeles Clippers have flown to Dallas to meet with free agent forward Anthony Tolliver in his home.
The Knicks still are keeping tabs on veteran power forward Anthony Tolliver as president Steve Mills, GM Scott Perry and coach David Fizdale all have talked to him since free agency began, Sunday at midnight, according to a source. Tolliver, too, is looking for multiple years and has a handful of suitors, including Dallas.
Darren Wolfson: Among many FAs the #Twolves have registered some level of interest: Tolliver, Nick Young, Lance Stephenson, Dante Cunningham, Amir Johnson, Trevor Booker, Jabari Bird, Ennis.
With the Knicks mulling re-signing Michael Beasley, they expressed interest in Pistons power forward Anthony Tolliver early Sunday morning when free agency began.
Marc Berman: Per source, Knicks GM Scott Perry had brief phone conversation with Tolliver tonight. Need stopgap starting power forward with mid level as Porzingis heals.
Marc Berman: Knicks have expressed interest tonight in PF Anthony Tolliver, along with at least five clubs.
The Knicks have interest as do the Pistons, but they have a new coach in Dwane Casey. The Pistons are too close to the luxury-tax line to re-sign Tolliver unless they move a contract. According to sources, the Knicks may want a high-character veteran to come in with their mid-level exception and be a good influence on their young players. Beasley was a scoring machine at times this season (13.2 points, 50.7 FG percentage), but he has had his career quirks.
Stefanski said the team's own free agents, power forward Anthony Tolliver and small forward James Ennis, are on their list. "We like both players," Stefanski said. "I was with James in Memphis. Anthony Tolliver -- the people in Detroit, teammates and everybody -- loves the guy, so they're still in play. It's all going to depend what kind of money is out there and the demand for both those players. More I'd say the ball's in their court than ours."
What's next for the 6-8 free-agent power forward? He'd love to return but knows it's a business, so several factors will determine his future this summer. "This is where I call home. I've been here longer than anywhere else in my career and would love to keep that going," Tolliver said near the end of the season. "But at the end of the day, got to see what's up this summer. You never know what teams are going to do, what organizations are going to do. So much unpredictable stuff that between now and then you never know. My heart is definitely here in Detroit."
The Detroit Pistons have signed free agent Anthony Tolliver and have re-signed Reggie Bullock. Terms of the deals weren't disclosed.
Shams Charania: Free agent forward Anthony Tolliver has agreed to a one-year, $3.3M deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell The Vertical.
Vincent Ellis: Source tells Free Press that #Pistons interested in ex players Jonas Jerebko or Anthony Tolliver for 14th roster spot.
Darren Wolfson: #Twolves planting many seeds. Have on Anthony Tolliver. So have the Bucks, Thunder, Wizards, Cavs, and more.
The Kings’ Twitter account wished Tolliver a happy birthday Thursday morning, which could conceivably have been a little awkward.
The Sacramento Kings today waived forward Anthony Tolliver, according to General Manager Vlade Divac.
Adrian Wojnarowski: The Sacramento Kings have waived Anthony Tolliver, league sources tell @The Vertical.
The Sacramento Kings have plenty of difficult decisions to make this offseason. One of those decisions was to choose between picking up veteran forward Anthony Tolliver’s second year option at $8 million or buying out the final year for just $2 million. The Kings will do the latter, NBC Sports California has learned. After one season in Sacramento, Tolliver will not be retained by the Kings and will become an unrestricted free agent. Sacramento had until June 1 to make the decision on the veteran’s contract.
Anthony Tolliver: Excited about this new opportunity in Sacramento! Thanks to the @sacramentokings for this opportunity! #SacramentoProud
Shams Charania: Free agent forward Anthony Tolliver is nearing agreement on a two-year deal with the Sacramento Kings, league sources tell The Vertical.
Tolliver, 30, wants to remain in Detroit, but he knows the prospects are murky. “Who knows what’s going to happen,” Tolliver said. “I’ve been in this league long enough to know nothing’s promised. I feel good about my role here, and how I’ve helped this team in many different ways — on and off the court. “But at the end of the day, it’ll be up to my agent and the team to see if we can figure something out and see if we can make it a long-term home.”
“I would love to stay here. I’ve been bouncing around a lot in my career,” Tolliver said. “I feel comfortable here, and I feel like what I bring to the table fits what this team needs. Also having a veteran in a young crowd is a good thing, so hopefully things can get worked out. If everything works out, that’d be great.”
August 8, 2022 | 2:39 pm EDT Update
In a face-to-face meeting with Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai over the weekend, All-NBA star Kevin Durant reiterated his trade request and informed Tsai that he needs to choose between Durant or the pairing of general manager Sean Marks and coach Steve Nash, sources tell The Athletic. Durant stated he does not have faith in the team’s direction, sources said.
Durant and Tsai spoke in London on Saturday and sources described the discussion as transparent and professional. The meeting took place a year to the day that Durant agreed to a four-year, $198 million contract extension with the Nets and barely over a month after his initial trade request on June 30. He is now entering the first season of that extension.
The Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Miami Heat remain the most significant candidates to acquire Durant, sources said, with Boston’s package centering around All-Star forward Jaylen Brown seen as a viable deal. Tsai and the Nets have made clear privately that they will take every last asset from a team that trades for Durant, sources said.
When NBA Commissioner Adam Silver spoke at the league’s inaugural Launchpad technology event during last month’s Las Vegas Summer League, his primary focus was unmistakable: using the NBA’s burgeoning realm of basketball-related tech to improve player availability.
Multiple 2022 Launchpad finalists have created products in the health and recovery world; Silver even announced that next year’s program will be exclusively focused on player availability, with an emphasis on preventing soft-tissue injuries and developing healthy habits in youth basketball. Through further comments, which touched on everything from planned rest approaches and media-rights contracts to fans’ desire to see their favorite players on the court, Silver’s message was clear: The league will overturn any stone if it means keeping players in the lineup.
Nextiles coats fabric threads with those various materials, sewing them into standard garments and creating what Sun terms “highways” of conductivity that retain full ranges of movement and flexibility. They then relay real-time information to a nearby CPU. One example is a portable, fabric-based form of force plate that Nextiles featured in Las Vegas. Laid out under an athlete’s feet, the surface can be placed anywhere — and it tracks some impressive metrics simply though sewn-in fabrics, including jump height and time in the air; force, impulse and power of the jump; symmetry between legs; and forces applied at different phases of the jump.
August 8, 2022 | 1:43 pm EDT Update
There will be a south-of-the-border element for the Miami Heat when the NBA schedule is released in coming days. The Heat, under current NBA plans, are scheduled for a Dec. 17 game in Mexico City, one that will count against the San Antonio Spurs’ home schedule.