Dane Moore: The Timberwolves pursued Alexey Shved this summer, per @Emiliano Carchia. Shved’s agent — like many agents this summer — was very disappointed with the size of the offers. It appears likely that the Wolves offer was for the minimum — $1.57 million, in Shved’s case.
More Rumors in this Storyline
Alexey Shved received offers from four NBA teams in the offseason, including a $4 million offer for one season. But these options did not suit the best scorer of the 2017-18 Euroleague, according to his agent Obrad Fimic.
“Every year there’s active interest for Alexey from NBA teams,” said Obrad Fimic. “This summer, New Orleans, Minnesota, Memphis and Phoenix expressed a willingness to sign him.”
“Next year, Alexey will still be under contract with Khimki, but we’ll be carefully considering offers from the NBA,”, said Fimic. “Everyone says the NBA team will have more available money next summer. Therefore, the probability of his departure will increase”
Alexey Shved will remain with Khimki Moscow at least one more season, as reported by Eurohoops. The Russian combo guard has a contract with Khimki till 2020 with NBA outs. Shved tried to return to the NBA but at the end he decided to remain in Moscow trying to bring Khimki to the EuroLeague Final Four.
Before taking the decision to extend his quite lucrative contract with Khimki Moscow until 2020, Alexey Shved turned down some NBA options that didn’t appeal to him. But, he’ll continue to keep his eyes open for opportunities to return to the league in the future. “I don’t close the door to the NBA,” Shved said in an interview with Championat. “I waited for offers from the USA. There were several options that didn’t suit me. I like everything in Khimki. My role in the team, the city, being close to my family and friends.”
David Pick: VTB League MVP Alexey Shved might void his final season with Khimki Moscow to bolt back to NBA, according to source.
David Pick: Source: Alexey Shved singing a three-season deal with Russian club Khimki Moscow. NBA outs included.
The agent for Alexey Shved indicated talks with the Knicks about a return have screeched to a halt and the Russian combo guard is likely to return to Europe this season. Shved has turned down three Knicks offers, none approaching what he is seeking — the $2.8 million room exception. “We didn’t get to the right number with the Knicks,’’ said Obrad Fimic, Shved’s Serbian agent. “Maybe next season. We are considering a return to Europe where we have two huge offers.’’
David Pick: Alexey Shved has turned down Knicks offer and is weighing return to Europe, said agent Obrad Fimic.
According to an NBA source, the Knicks are contemplating offering productive Russian combo guard Alexey Shved their $2.8 million room exception given to under-the-cap teams that have reached the cap benchmark. Shved, appreciative the Knicks gave him a chance after a couple of rocky, unfulfilled seasons with Minnesota, Philadelphia and Houston, would probably accept it.
According to the source, Shved has two other NBA teams interested as well a handful of European offers. Shved, 26, told The Post after last season he hoped to return to New York after grasping team president Phil Jackson’s triangle offense before suffering a broken rib in late March, ending his season.
Storyline Hype Rumor visits per day for the last week
Views per day
September 19, 2019 | 7:44 pm EDT Update
The Heat, with one training camp roster spot to fill, recently summoned a familiar face to team headquarters: former Arkansas point guard Daryl Macon. Macon, undrafted after being second-team All-SEC in 2018, spent summer league with the Heat in 2018 but afterward opted to sign a two-way deal with Dallas that summer instead of an Exhibit 10 contract with Miami. … He has emerged as a strong possibility for the 20th and final roster spot, though others haven’t completely been ruled out.
September 19, 2019 | 6:07 pm EDT Update
The NBA power brokers descending on New York this week for the league’s Board of Governors meeting have reacted to the league’s beefed-up anti-tampering proposal with a mix of skepticism about its potential deterrent effect and concerns of privacy. In conversations with numerous league officials, team owners, general managers and agents, there’s some uncertainty about the means the NBA might use to investigate alleged rules violations. Atop those concerns for team officials are what league sources insist was Commissioner Adam Silver toughest decision in bringing new rules to a vote: An annual, random auditing of five teams’ communications with rival front offices and player agents.
Some teams believe that the league is rushing the process of changing the rules. In reaction to the blatant disregard of free agent tampering rules and an angry owner’s meeting in July, NBA owners are faced with a vote on Friday that could reshape — even if only in mechanics — how the business of player procurement is done.
The push to strengthen tampering rules — including a huge increase in the amounts of potential fines — was born out of a historic free agent period that witnessed several stars change teams in an acrimonious climate. The recruitment of Kawhi Leonard became fraught with charges that his uncle and advisor, Dennis Robertson, requested benefits outside the boundaries of the salary cap, league sources said.
Small-market teams, fearing the free agency allure of big-city rivals, may line up to support the league’s proposal on Friday – as well as teams embittered by recent free agency defections. Those who vote against the new measures risk the perception that they condone cheating, even if other reasons colored their decision. Even so, teams and league officials will address questions about privacy and the specifics of enforcement.