JD Shaw: Hapoel Jerusalem and big man Anthony Bennett have mutually agreed to part ways, the team announced today. The former No. 1 pick is once again a free agent
More Rumors in this Storyline
According to Roi Cohen, Anthony Bennett will most likely leave Hapoel Jerusalem after next Wednesday’s BCL game against Pinar Karsiyaka. The reporter adds that the Israeli team has not yet started looking for a replacement the first overall pick of the 2013 NBA Draft.
Emiliano Carchia: Anthony Bennett and Thomas Robinson have signed in Puerto Rico with Cangrejeros de Santurce, agent @csantaellaSSA announced
Alykhan Bijani: The #Rockets have waived forward Anthony Bennett, the team announces.
Shams Charania: The Houston Rockets have waived former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett, league sources tell @The Athletic @Stadium.
Jonathan Feigen: Rockets make the signing of forward Anthony Bennett official.
Mark Berman: NBA sources confirm the #Rockets have agreed to a non-guaranteed deal with forward @AnthonyBennett. He’s a former #1-overall pick by Cleveland in 2013. Last played with the Nets in 2016-17. Was in the G League last two seasons.
In his final game at the Winter Showcase, Bennett struggled. He looked bothered by a couple of questionable calls. He left a pair of three-point shots well short, failing to even hit the rim. “That’s Anthony Bennett,” one Eastern Conference scout texted during the game. He’s undoubtedly flawed. NBA folks might wish he was a little taller or a little slimmer, hope he was a more consistent and versatile defender.
Adam Johnson: Anthony Bennett has signed a G League contract, league source tells @Adam Johnson his rights are held by Maine Red Claws.
Emiliano Carchia: Anthony Bennett has been offered to both Pallacanestro Reggiana and Virtus Bologna, a source told Sportando. Reggio is on the market for a big man while Virtus Bologna may hit the market if QVale’s injury will sideline him for an extended period of time. A deal is unlikely
Brad Stevens expressed his interest in taking a close look at the newest addition to the Maine Red Claws Roster, former number one overall pick Anthony Bennett, whom the team (Red Claws) traded for earlier today.
“I think the biggest thing is that it’s a great opportunity for the player, first and foremost,” Stevens said prior to the Celtics matchup with the Houston Rockets. “We all know that the G-League is being evaluated every day by every team’s scouts. So regardless for your organization or for the other 29, it’s a good thing for the player.”
Shams Charania: Former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett has signed a non-guaranteed deal with the Phoenix Suns, league sources tell The Vertical.
Emiliano Carchia: OFFICIAL: Anthony Bennett and Fenerbahce part ways pic.twitter.com/RSL2J19LvN
The club decided to assign Pero Antic back to the BSL roster, which has limited spots for non Turkish players. That made Bennett the odd man out after seven BSL games, during which he averaged 9 ppg and 6.4 rpg, playing 23 minutes per game. So far Bennett has also played in nine EuroLeague games, averaging 1,3 ppg and having very small contribution to the Turkish team, which will be the host of the EuroLeague Final Four.
David ‘Dubi’ Pick: Former No. 1 draft pick Anthony Bennett has signed with Euroleague power-club Fenerbahce, according to source.
David ‘Dubi’ Pick: Fenerbahce is set to announce scoring deal with Anthony Bennett as soon as tomorrow, source said.
David ‘Dubi’ Pick: Zeljko Obradovic, Fenerbahce own rights for Anthony Bennett, former No. 1 draftee, till 2018, according to source.
Misko Raznatovic: One of the former NBA draft picks no. 1 liked Basque country, but another prefers Bosphorus! #BeoBasket
Emiliano Carchia: Anthony Bennett signed in Turkey. Galatasaray or Fenerbahce.
The Brooklyn Nets have requested waivers on forward Anthony Bennett.
Adrian Wojnarowski: Brooklyn has waived former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett.
Marc Stein: The Brooklyn Nets are signing Quincy Acy to replace Anthony Bennett, according to league sources
Anthony Bennett and the Nets are hoping that this time it will be different. That, perhaps, the former No. 1 pick can finally find his footing in Brooklyn. Bennett signed with the Nets on Thursday, as Brooklyn filled out its roster at 15 players. “I feel like it is a great fit for me,” Bennett said. “Starting fresh, starting young, bringing a lot of people in. I feel like I can be one of those key pieces.”
The Brooklyn Nets have signed free agent forward Anthony Bennett. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released. “We have been excited to watch Anthony’s progress this summer with his national team, and look forward to the opportunity of having Kenny and his staff work with him to continue his development,” said Nets’ General Manager Sean Marks.
The Brooklyn Nets are taking a flyer on former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett. The two sides reached an agreement on a two-year contract that will be worth the veteran’s minimum, sources confirmed Thursday.
The Nets worked out Bennett, who has gotten into much better shape, at a veteran mini-camp early in the offseason and came away impressed. Bennett was a member of the Canadian national team that lost to France in the finals of the recent Olympic qualifying tournament in the Philippines. Bennett averaged 6.8 points and 5 rebounds in four games.
Shams Charania: Free agent Anthony Bennett has reached agreement on a two-year minimum deal with Brooklyn, sources tell The Vertical. First year guarantee.
Michael Scotto: Brooklyn Nets and Anthony Bennett have agreed to a 2-year deal, per league sources. Year Two of the deal is partially guaranteed, I’m told.
Michael Scotto: Sources: Former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and the Brooklyn Nets are nearing an agreement. Talks are in advanced stages at this time
Michael Scotto: Sources: Former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett and the Nets have mutual interest. He’s played for Canada in FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
Alex Kennedy: To put it in 1 tweet: Anthony Bennett, Royce White, Arnett Moultrie, Pierre Jackson, Ognjen Kuzmić are among players working out for Knicks.
Alex Kennedy: The Brooklyn Nets worked out former No.1 pick Anthony Bennett at a recent free agent mini-camp. He was part of a large group workout.
Adam Zagoria: Former overall No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett is at Nets free agent mini-camp, source confirms to @SNYtv. Chinese food hater @Ian Begley had 1st
Ian Begley: Former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett is expected to be among the group of veteran FAs working out at the Nets’ minicamp this week, per sources.
It came as little surprise that team sources say Anthony Bennett, perhaps knowing his career was hanging in the balance, sought advice from Luis Scola a couple of weeks ago. Scola dispenses wisdom. “I try to tell young guys all the time, what you want, somebody has,” he said. “It’s not there for you to take, it’s not empty, it’s not vacant. Somebody has it and somebody is protecting it. You have to think about it like somebody holding it physically grabbing it and holding it and you’ve got to go and take it from his hands.”
There is undoubtedly considerable frustration among those close to Anthony Bennett. Ujiri talked when signing him that there was a long runway in Toronto and in his mind he was no longer a failed No. 1 pick but a talented young player looking to develop as a professional. In the eyes of the Bennett camp he was never given the opportunity to develop and that Casey couldn’t find it in himself to trust young players. But Bennett needs to examine where he fell short too and put into context how difficult earning a spot in an NBA rotation actually is once the security blanket of a guaranteed contract is removed.
The other young players at the end of the Raptors’ rotation have similarly struggled for playing time, but share one common thread: They have attacked assignments to the franchise’s D-League team, Raptors 905, with vigour, universally putting up the kind of numbers that stand as proof that they’ve been working to stay fit, ready and improve their games. Bennett? He didn’t volunteer to take the drive to Mississauga until Dec. 20, after playing just five minutes in the Raptors’ previous 19 games. Overall he shot just 33.9 per cent from the floor in six D-League games and twice left a game early with a sore back.
Bennett wasn’t available for an interview – “Now is not a good time,” his agent replied when asked – and Ujiri feels like he failed.
Josh Lewenberg: Masai Ujiri said Anthony Bennett was put in a tough situation with little PT avail on winning team, took responsibility, hopes he gets another opportunity. Masai: “It’s not anything (Bennett) did wrong and I probably put him in a tough situation. I feel he needs to be somewhere he can play.”
The Phoenix Suns are a possible suitor for Bennett once he clears waivers, sources said.
Shams Charania: The Toronto Raptors are waiving forward Anthony Bennett to sign veteran Jason Thompson for the season, league sources tell The Vertical.
“All that stuff is behind him,” Casey insisted. “He’s got a clean slate. The financial part of it is not involved right now. It’s an incentive for him now to play to get that next contract or whatever. But again, playing basketball, just forget everything else, clean slate, start from scratch and go from there.”
Shams Charania: After physical exam today, Anthony Bennett has signed a one-year veteran minimum deal with the Toronto Raptors, league source tells Yahoo.
Bobby Marks: 947k for Bennett in 2015-16
Marc Stein: Barring some unexpected snag, Toronto is well-placed to sign Anthony Bennett to one-year minimum deal — all it can offer — early next week
Jeff Goodman: Former No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett is expected to clear waivers and sign with Toronto, source close to situation told ESPN.
Storyline Hype Rumor visits per day for the last week
Views per day
May 26, 2022 | 6:49 pm EDT Update
Lukas Kuba: Tomas Satoransky when asked about the interest from Barcelona: “I won’t officially comment on anything yet, all I can say is that both Europe and the NBA are in play.” Says it’s obviously an important decision. “I’m leaving myself more time for the final decision.”
Lukas Kuba: Tomas Satoransky says the #Pelicans “weren’t a good fit” for him, thinks they lost interest in him as the season went on, says “after a couple of months in New Orleans me and my agent felt that some change would occur and we wanted it to happen. I’m glad I ended up in Washington, I have great memories of this month and a half.” #satoransky
Ira Winderman: Spoelstra basically says ignore injury list, that those who played Wednesday he expects to play Friday. With Herro, who has missed last two with groin strain, he was less committal. Declined to say why Butler is not on injury report (as he seems to be ailing).
Santa Clara University star Jalen Williams made it official on Thursday that he’s leaving the school and will remain in the NBA draft process. Williams was a two-time All-WCC guard at Santa Clara. He’s projected to be a late-first round or second-round pick.