Storyline: Michael Carter-Williams Injury

32 rumors in this storyline

Hornets guard Michael Carter-Williams has suffered a posterior labral tear in his left shoulder. The injury was confirmed after Carter-Williams underwent an MRI and was examined by Hornets team orthopedist Dr. Marc Cook of Novant Health. The injury occurred with 4:05 left in the second quarter of Charlotte’s game at Toronto on March 4. Carter-Williams will undergo surgery to address the injury and will miss the remainder of the season. Further updates on his status will be provided when appropriate.

More Rumors in this Storyline

The real concern is backup Michael Carter-Williams, the Hornets’ primary free-agent signing over the summer. Carter-Williams had platelet-rich plasma (PRP) procedures on both knees over the summer to address patella tears and reduce pain. Carter-Williams was cleared for on-court activity about two weeks ago, but he isn’t cleared for contact drills, as camp opens Tuesday morning at Spectrum Center. Carter-Williams is an important part of the Hornets’ remade second unit, and coach Steve Clifford said he doesn’t have a time projection on when Carter-Williams will be fully cleared. “I’ve had a lot of good days and a few bad days,” said Carter-Williams, who signed a one-season, $2.7 million contract in July. “Now it’s just about me putting a lot of load on them, and seeing how I feel the next day.
2 years ago via ESPN

Hoiberg didn’t sound overly concerned that Carter-Williams would have to miss more time because of the latest setback. “I don’t know if it was one thing that caused the progress to stall,” Hoiberg said. “He’s been doing great, his knee feels really good right now. He’s back doing full activity on the floor as far as running in a straight line and his activity level we’ll continue to ramp up as far as working on his legs. That’s the good thing about being that it’s not his dominant hand. So he’ll still be able to get out and shoot with his right hand, get out and shoot, and continue to increase his workload with his legs. He’ll be able to stay in pretty good shape, so when that thing is completely healed, he’ll be able to get back on the floor for us.”
2 years ago via ESPN

Michael Carter-Williams out for a month?

Chicago Bulls guard Michael Carter-Williams is expected to miss the next three to four weeks after suffering a bone bruise to his left knee during Monday’s victory against the Brooklyn Nets, a source close to the situation told ESPN. Carter-Williams, who was acquired in the preseason from the Milwaukee Bucks in a trade for Tony Snell, went down clutching his knee during the second quarter Monday after attempting to block Sean Kilpatrick’s shot.
More HoopsHype Rumors
June 24, 2018 | 9:20 pm EDT Update
The Sixers say they aren’t shopping him. However, there was a report that they had internal discussions about packing him with Nos. 10 and 26 picks to move up into the Top 5 in Thursday’s draft. And multiple league sources have said that Fultz was available to be traded. But it’s hard to get equal value in return for someone relearning how to shoot. The Sixers know that. They also know that if things do come together, Fultz will be a special player.
Mainly, back in 1998 when the Mavs acquired Dirk Nowitzki in a draft day trade with the Milwaukee Bucks, many compared his game to that of Boston Celtics legend Larry Bird. That didn’t go over too well with the Bird followers. So when the Mavs were asked last week who they fondly compare their latest prized rookie – Doncic – to, their lips were unilaterally sealed. Well, sort of. “I’m not going to make the same mistake we did 20 years ago, because (Doncic, like Nowitzki at the time) is a 19-year old kid that is going to have his rear end handed to him,” said Donnie Nelson, the Mavs’ president of basketball operations. “He is going to go against the elite of the elite, not only outside our walls, but within our training camp. Dirk and I had a long talk coming in. That’s why I want to remain guarded in my comments.”
Storyline: Mavericks Front Office
Besides Nelson, coach Rick Carlisle also weighed in, adding that the comparison game is categorically unnecessary when it comes to describing Doncic and the skill set he’s able to bring to the court. “This kid has really carved out an amazing record of accomplishments,” Carlisle said. “I think he comes to the NBA on his own merits and I think going forward he should be judged on being the first Luka Doncic and not the second coming of this guy or that guy or the other guy, and I think that’s fair based on what he’s done.”
Just a few weeks after Sixers president of basketball operations Colangelo resigned when it was learned his wife used fake Twitter accounts to discuss team business and criticize players, the Heat’s president was asked if he has his own Twitter burner account. “I still have this kind of phone that flips,” Pat Riley said holding up a tape recorder following Thursday’s NBA draft. “Is that what a burner phone looks like? I don’t have any. I’ve tweeted one time. I do have a Twitter account. Only because I need to follow a lot of people like you, which is very interesting. I actually get alerts on all you guys. But I never tweeted out anything except one picture. My boss and his wife and myself and my wife and three championship trophies. I think it’s out there. I think I put it down as soon as I put it up.”
Storyline: Heat Front Office