Storyline: OG Anunoby Injury

55 rumors in this storyline

More Rumors in this Storyline

Josh Lewenberg: Anunoby (listed as doubtful with an ankle sprain) is almost certainly out tonight and sounds like he could miss additional time. Casey wouldn’t commit to a replacement this AM, said it could be fluid. Expectation is Powell starts.

The Raptors drafted OG Anunoby 23rd overall in June knowing that the 20-year-old might not be able to participate fully on the court until December or so after undergoing knee surgery back in January. When asked at media day on Monday how he was feeling health-wise, Anunoby said he was good and was getting stronger every day. “I’m right where I thought I was going to be,” Anunoby said of his status. “I’m doing contact stuff.” The rookie has already participated in some pickup games, though the team still intends to be cautious.

OG Anunoby was the final green room invite, but could be a player with a long wait to hear his name called. He’s in the mix with Denver at 13 according to contacts and high on Portland’s list giving him a shot at spots 15, 20 and 26. But there’s a chance he falls into the second round, similar to Michigan State freshman Deyonta Davis last year. Medical reports have caused certain teams drafting in the late teens to red flag him as too big an injury risk with lingering knee concerns, following surgery.
3 years ago via ESPN

The 6-foot-8 forward missed time earlier this season with a sprained ankle. He was averaging 11.1 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. Whether this ends Anunoby’s Indiana career remains to be seen. He ranks No. 13 on Chad Ford’s latest Big Board, although this injury will affect his pre-draft workouts. “For a young man, OG has a very strong faith and a courageous spirit,” the statement added. “We are going to do everything as a basketball family to help him recover and rehabilitate from this unfortunate situation.”
More HoopsHype Rumors
August 21, 2019 | 8:07 am EDT Update
More than 30 years after his last visit to the White House, Bob Cousy will return on Thursday so President Trump can present him with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The 91-year-old Holy Cross and Celtics basketball legend will be the sole recipient during a ceremony scheduled to begin at the Oval Office at 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Trump called Cousy in December to inform him that he planned to present him the honor and Cousy received the official notification from the White House last month. “I’ve thought so much about it,” he said. “For me, it closes my life circle. It’s a completion for me. I will be a happy camper. I’m already the luckiest SOB on the face of the planet and this simply certifies that.”
August 21, 2019 | 4:06 am EDT Update