Storyline: Patrick Beverley Injury

88 rumors in this storyline

More Rumors in this Storyline

Beverley immediately took himself out of the game after taking a spill on his right arm while attempting a driving layup against Rudy Gobert with 10:15 left in the third quarter. While Beverley returned and started the fourth quarter after undergoing X-rays on his wrist, he checked out with 8:06 left and did not return. Beverley would not discuss his injury with reporters afterward. “We knew there was no break, but that doesn’t mean he is going to be out or not,” Rivers said. “It could be a bruise, it could be anything. He clearly felt like he could not even grab the ball, so that is not a good sign.”

His voice on the court was missed for the second consecutive game because a right hip pointer kept Patrick Beverley out of action for the Clippers. He is considered the heart and soul of the Clippers, their engine that makes them go, but he cannot go right now because his body first betrayed Beverley in a game against Minnesota on March 26. The Clippers have two games left in the regular season, at Golden State Sunday and at Staples Center against the Utah Jazz Monday, and then it’s on to the playoffs next week.

Q: How did you battle back from your injury and how is rehab coming along? Patrick Beverley: Rehab is fine — over and done with. I got cleared about two months ago by Dr. Lowe. (I was) coming from a season where I (was) playing, arguably, the best basketball I’ve ever played in my life. (I had) a career high in points (and) a career high in steals. (It was) an unfortunate situation, but everything happens for a reason. It forced me to get stronger, mentally and physically. I’m ready to go.
2 years ago via ESPN

Beverley had season-ending surgery on Nov. 22 and had been expected to need a full nine months before receiving Thursday’s medical clearance. “I saw Pat [Thursday] and ordered a new MRI approximately six months out from his microfracture biocartilage repair and lateral meniscus repair,” Lowe told ESPN in a statement. “His recovery has been remarkable and I have cleared him to return to all basketball activities. This speedy recovery is a testament to Pat’s diligence to the comprehensive rehabilitation program between Houston and LA.”

“I’m running, I’m shooting, I’m jumping, I’m ball-handling, doing defensive slides,” said Beverley. “I mean, I feel ready, but I guess everyone else is thinking long-term. I wanted to come back like 4-or-5 games ago, but everyone’s thinking long-term. Of course, I’m not a doctor. They get paid to do what they do and give me the best advice they possibly can, and the best advice is longevity. I can’t argue with that.” He also said he expects to be fully ready and back to his old self by training camp, which is set to take place in Hawaii for the second-straight year. “Hell yeah [I’ll be ready]!” said Beverley. “120%! I feel strong as sh*t. I’ve been doing everything, so we’ll just see.”
4 years ago via ESPN

Calvin Watkins: Rockets guard Patrick Beverley’s return from left knee surgery is approaching. Beverley won’t be available for Monday’s game against the 76ers but a return at midweek is possible. The Rockets visit Oklahoma City on Wednesday and host Portland Thursday. Mike D’Antoni said the Rockets have been cautious with Beverley’s return. “Well you always have to guard against Pat coming back to quick,” D’Antoni said. “That’s what he does, but our training staff and our doctors, are all over it and when they deem him ready to go, he’ll play. You may have to hold him back but they’ve been doing that.”
4 years ago via ESPN

Houston Rockets starting guard Patrick Beverley said he practiced Friday and expects to return next week from left knee surgery. Beverley didn’t say which game would be his season debut in, but he proclaimed he’s completely healthy. The Rockets’ first game next week is Monday against the Philadelphia 76ers. “I feel very good, excited, can’t wait to play,” Beverley said Saturday. “I can’t wait to play with my teammates. I missed them a lot. I missed being on the road and team camaraderie a lot. I missed playing basketball and missed competing.”

Houston Rockets guard Patrick Beverley will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, sidelining him for three weeks, league sources told The Vertical. Beverley will undergo the procedure early next week in Houston, league sources said. The loss of Beverley will move Eric Gordon into the Rockets’ starting backcourt with All-Star James Harden. The Rockets signed Gordon to a four-year, $53 million free-agent deal in July.
More HoopsHype Rumors
May 25, 2020 | 2:33 am EDT Update
Andrew Bogut via a note posted on social media informed that he will not re-sign with the Sydney Kings. The 2015 NBA champion still hopes to return, as he previously admitted that the Olympic Games moved to 2021 can keep him active for one more season. “I have decided not to sign with the Sydney Kings or any professional sporting team for that matter for the time being,” he wrote, “With everything going on the world the future does not look too clear, most notably in regards to sporting leagues worldwide.”
Storyline: Andrew Bogut Free Agency
Speaking on “The JJ Redick Podcast” on The Ringer, the Pelicans sharpshooter revealed what he’s heard about the NBA’s proposed schedule format. “The scenario I’ve heard…the top six teams are basically locked. Those seeds are locked. And they basically…they either scrimmage or play games that don’t mean anything. And then seeds seven through 11 or seven through 12 in both conferences play for seeds seven and eight,” Redick explained.
The Nets announced Saturday they will open HSS Training Center for voluntary player workouts May 26. The Knicks, when contacted by The Post, did not have a comment on the news. According to a source, the Knicks are still receiving clarification from the NBA. Twenty-one teams have opened their facilities for voluntary workouts after the NBA announced it would allow franchises to do so in accordance with their local government.
Storyline: Season Resuming?
However, the March 11 shutdown made it impossible for Durant to maintain or escalate that routine. While players are all in the same boat having had three months off when training camp opens in late June, Durant was not at the point of being ready for a game when everything stopped. Scrimmaging five-on-five was a key part of the rehab process at that stage, sources told The Post, and that ground to a halt.
Storyline: Kevin Durant Injury
League sources believe a good chance exists that a downsized combine complete with live interviews for the elite prospects will occur sometime in August or September once the draft is officially postponed from June 25. Prohm said he is hopeful that happens for Haliburton, an Oshkosh, Wisc., native who is training in Milwaukee. “He’s off-the-charts mature, invested in the university, all about winning and the team,’’ Prohm said. “His character and maturity is very high.”
Ex-NBA player Kermit Washington just got denied HARD — with a judge rejecting his request for early prison release over fears he could catch the ‘rona. As we previously reported, the 68-year-old former NBA All-Star is serving 6 years in prison for running a bogus charity scheme in which he stole around $1 MILLION that was supposed to help starving and HIV positive children in Africa. Back in April, Washington filed court docs begging the judge for an early release — citing health concerns stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.
May 25, 2020 | 2:32 am EDT Update
Andrew Bogut via a note posted on social media informed that he will not re-sign with the Sydney Kings. The 2015 NBA champion still hopes to return, as he previously admitted that the Olympic Games moved to 2021 can keep him active for one more season. “I have decided not to sign with the Sydney Kings or any professional sporting team for that matter for the time being,” he wrote, “With everything going on the world the future does not look too clear, most notably in regards to sporting leagues worldwide.”
Storyline: Andrew Bogut Free Agency
Speaking on “The JJ Redick Podcast” on The Ringer, the Pelicans sharpshooter revealed what he’s heard about the NBA’s proposed schedule format. “The scenario I’ve heard…the top six teams are basically locked. Those seeds are locked. And they basically…they either scrimmage or play games that don’t mean anything. And then seeds seven through 11 or seven through 12 in both conferences play for seeds seven and eight,” Redick explained.
The Nets announced Saturday they will open HSS Training Center for voluntary player workouts May 26. The Knicks, when contacted by The Post, did not have a comment on the news. According to a source, the Knicks are still receiving clarification from the NBA. Twenty-one teams have opened their facilities for voluntary workouts after the NBA announced it would allow franchises to do so in accordance with their local government.
Storyline: Season Resuming?
However, the March 11 shutdown made it impossible for Durant to maintain or escalate that routine. While players are all in the same boat having had three months off when training camp opens in late June, Durant was not at the point of being ready for a game when everything stopped. Scrimmaging five-on-five was a key part of the rehab process at that stage, sources told The Post, and that ground to a halt.
Storyline: Kevin Durant Injury
League sources believe a good chance exists that a downsized combine complete with live interviews for the elite prospects will occur sometime in August or September once the draft is officially postponed from June 25. Prohm said he is hopeful that happens for Haliburton, an Oshkosh, Wisc., native who is training in Milwaukee. “He’s off-the-charts mature, invested in the university, all about winning and the team,’’ Prohm said. “His character and maturity is very high.”
Ex-NBA player Kermit Washington just got denied HARD — with a judge rejecting his request for early prison release over fears he could catch the ‘rona. As we previously reported, the 68-year-old former NBA All-Star is serving 6 years in prison for running a bogus charity scheme in which he stole around $1 MILLION that was supposed to help starving and HIV positive children in Africa. Back in April, Washington filed court docs begging the judge for an early release — citing health concerns stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.
May 24, 2020 | 7:24 pm EDT Update
We were able to get our hands on a few minutes of Rivers’ presentation to the Colts team, which you can watch in its entirety above. But here’s what he had to say in full about what he’s learned over the years about championship teams: » “I don’t think people understand that … I think people think champions don’t get hit. Like, you know, I always use boxing, because boxing, for whatever reason, my dad was a big boxing fan, and so I grew up watching boxing matches, and the biggest misnomer is that champions only hit. It’s just not true. Champions get hit all the time. And then it comes to a point — how many times are you willing to get hit and keep moving forward and still punch, so you can win? That’s what it’s gonna come down to: you are going to get hit. You just are. Alright? But you have to be willing to take the punches, you have to be willing to keep moving forward and keep going.”
May 24, 2020 | 5:32 pm EDT Update
After the Warriors moved on from Mark Jackson as head coach in 2014, the search narrowed on two final candidates: former Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy and then-TNT broadcaster Steve Kerr. Former Warriors assistant general manager Travis Schlenk was part of the team that interviewed both contenders and says the front office at one point wasn’t sure they’d even get a chance to sit down with Kerr during the process.
“Steve was being courted very hard by Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks,” Schlenk said on 95.7 The Game last week. “And at one point during the process, it felt like that’s where he was going to go. And so we didn’t think that we were going to even have an opportunity to really sit down and talk with Steve. And I believe it was while we were meeting with Stan down in Orlando, that Steve called Bob and said he kinda had a change of heart and he wanted to meet with us.”
While most of the responses have been incredibly positive, Michael’s 27-year-old daughter, Jasmine Jordan, exclusively tells ET that her dad “hasn’t paid any attention” to what people are saying about it on social media, including “all the new memes/gifs being created.” In addition to Jasmine, Michael shares two sons, Jeffrey, 31, and Marcus, 29, with ex-wife Juanita Vanoy, and 6-year-old twins Victoria and Isabel with Yvette Prieto, whom he married in 2013.
Storyline: Michael Jordan Documentary
“We are all very happy to see how successful the doc has been and to see athletes, fans, new fans etcetera,” Jasmine says. “Obviously with the coronavirus, we all watched separately versus watching together, but we had a running group text thread.” “We would talk about what was happening, laugh at seeing our younger selves in some of the episodes and ask my dad any questions we might’ve had,” she adds.
One person that was noticeably absent from the 10-part docuseries was Jasmine’s mother, Juanita. Jasmine tells ET that her mom was not in it “simply because she already lived it, of course.” “The doc’s focus was on the team as a whole and their last season,” she said, referencing her dad’s sixth NBA championship with the Bulls in 1998. “My dad is a major focal point, obviously, but it still was about the team as a whole in their final run together, so that’s why she wasn’t in it.”
May 24, 2020 | 4:28 pm EDT Update
Storyline: Season Resuming?
May 24, 2020 | 1:01 pm EDT Update
Caboclo admits he used Fraschila’s quote as motivation for a period, but ESPN’s international basketball guru wasn’t exactly wrong. Caboclo spent most of the next four years developing with Toronto’s D League affiliate, helping that squad win a D League title in ’17 but playing just 25 games for an ascending Raptors team over the course of his rookie contract. “When I got on the Raptors, Coach [Dwane] Casey was playing 7 or 8 players a game. They weren’t looking to me very much,” Caboclo told Sports Illustrated over a recent Zoom call. “They said I was going to play every season, but I really didn’t play most of the time. I could see how it was going.”