Sandro Mamukelashvili Rumors
Sandro Mamukelashvili missed out on the NCAA Tournament and a potential Final Four run as a junior due to the pandemic. Now he’s returning to Seton Hall for his senior season to lead a deep run in the Big Dance next March.
The 6-foot-10 native of the Republic of Georgia told ZAGSBLOG he will withdraw from the NBA Draft and return to campus for one more season. He met via Zoom with 17 NBA teams, including the Knicks, but did not receive an invite to the NBA Combine. The NBA withdrawal deadline is Monday. “There were a lot of options on the table but last year we started something special and we all took it personally that we couldn’t finish it,” he said Saturday by phone ahead of his public announcement. “Just going back right now and having summer workouts and being around the teammates, we all want to make history and we all just want to go back and show everybody what we couldn’t accomplish. I just want to finish business and show everybody that I can be a leader and the key player. And also I feel like I trust Coach [Kevin Willard] and the staff and with their help, I can make something special with my career and maybe I can make the early first-round or middle of the first round next year.”
01 Aug 20
24 Jul 20
Seton Hall junior forward Sandro Mamukelashvili has had Zoom calls with close to 20 NBA teams, including the Knicks. The 6-foot-10 native of the Republic of Georgia is testing the NBA Draft waters ahead of the Oct. 16 NBA Draft, and said he’s still undecided about his future plans. The NBA withdrawal deadline is Aug. 3. “I’m taking my time and evaluating all of my options,” he said Friday. “I had a lot of interviews and I want to think about my plans.”