Social Media Rumors

Despite speculation about Nigeria even withdrawing from the upcoming FIBA World Cup, the Nigerian national team is ready to travel to China. The country, which is celebrating the back-to-back Afrobasket titles of the women’s national team, will be represented by a roster, which is considered probably the strongest ever from an African country and includes names like Ekpe Udoh and Chimezie Metu of the San Antonio Spurs. Those were two of the players that expressed their concern for the financial troubles on social media.
Stan Okoye, Ekpe Udoh, Ike Iroegbu, and Gabe Vincent were among those who aired their grievances on social media, posting and reshaping the message. They said: “It has been an honor and privilege to play and represent Nigeria in preparation for the FIBA World Cup. However, the sports commission of Nigeria refuses to release the money allocated to us for training, food, travel and equipment in order to properly prepare for the World Cup. It’s made things very difficult as the president of the federation, coaching staff and even players have had to pay for everything personally.”
2 days ago via ESPN
They say never make a big decision on an empty stomach. Perhaps that should apply to sending out messages on Snapchat as well. Nuggets rookie Michael Porter Jr. made that mistake Tuesday and he may have leaked NBA commissioner Adam Silver’s personal cell phone number as a result. The snap, captioned with the phrase “Lunch yet?,” captured a slide revealing Silver’s cell number, office phone and email address with the commissioner on stage speaking.

Johnson, 32, is hoping his summer work speaks for itself next season. While Heat guard Dion Waiters has used social media to document his offseason workouts and even posted a before-and-after photo to show off a trimmer physique, Johnson has also quietly dedicated this summer to making 2019-20 a bounce-back season. “Dion is adamant about his and I’m more silent,” Johnson said. “We’ve been grinding and we’ve been working together on and off. I feel like he’s ready. He looks the best that I’ve seen since he’s been a Miami Heat. And I’m healthy. Like he said — doubt at your own risk.”
Steve Ballmer was golfing with a longtime colleague and friend late last month when the conversation turned to what had happened a few days earlier. On a stage inside a standing-room-only recreation center in South Los Angeles, the Clippers owner burst out of his director’s chair, grabbed a microphone, and introduced superstar forwards Kawhi Leonard and Paul George with whoops and hollers that quickly went viral across social media. “It was kind of like our old sales meetings,” Jeff Raikes said Ballmer told him. “I knew what he was referring to.”